Why Vacation or Retire on Lakes?
- When you vacation on lakes, you won’t need to travel hundreds of miles. There are probably 2-5 recreational lakes near you. Find them on Lakelubbers!
- Lakes provide year-round recreation. After brilliant fall colors fade and temperatures dip at your favorite lakes, winter activities - snowmobiling, cross-country and downhill skiing, ice fishing, and hiking - take center stage on lakes.
- Lakes offer miles of shoreline and coves to explore. If you enjoy fishing, boating, jet skiing, canoeing, kayaking, bird watching, hiking, camping, or hunting, lakes offer varied terrain: bucolic farmland, green forests, lush parks, mountains, rocky cliffs, and more.
- You can buy a lakefront retirement home or find inexpensive vacation rentals on lakes - for just a fraction of the cost of a house at the seashore or ski slope.
- On lakes, you can go shore fishing or pier fishing free, without hiring an expensive charter fishing boat.
- Lakes exist from 227 feet below to 13,020 feet above sea level. Look for high-altitude lakes - on Lakelubbers - to beat summer heat and humidity.
- Freshwater lakes are more comfortable for swimming than saltwater. Freshwater lakes leave no itchy salt residue on your skin.
- You can swim or water ski on lakes without fearing stinging jellyfish, sea nettles, Portuguese man-of-war, sharks, and other saltwater hazards.
- There’s no corrosive saltwater spray near lakes to damage your car or your home. Houses last longer on lakes.
- You’re unlikely to get seasick when you’re boating on freshwater lakes.
- You can store your boat on freshwater lakes without flushing out your motor every time you go fishing.
- You’re unlikely to face flooding due to hurricanes or global warming.
Why do you love lakes?